Help stop the spread of COVID-19 and follow all current directives from your governor and local health officials about wearing face masks and physical distancing.
Today, the village of Benedict consists of 150 acres and includes residential areas as well as marinas and restaurants, a post office, firehouse and Catholic church. Because of its strong historic themes, regional location, and abundant waterfront, in 2012 Charles County completed the Benedict Waterfront Village Revitalization Plan, a community-based vision for the future of Benedict that includes improved water access and amenities, infill and redevelopment opportunities, and planned sewer service improvements.
Public spaces along the waterfront are open daily, dawn to dusk.
(Note: Many places fill to capacity on busy, nice weather days, especially holiday weekends. Please call ahead or visit the official website to get the most up-to-date information before visiting.)
The area includes a residential part that has marinas, restaurants, a post office, firehouse, and a church.
First settled as a colonial port town in 1706, the waterfront village of Benedict is located in far-eastern Charles County along a narrow peninsula bordering the Patuxent River and Indian Creek. Benedict has a storied past as the site of the British land invasion during the War of 1812, the site of Camp Stanton, a Union training camp for African Americans during the Civil War, and a rich maritime history spanning three centuries.